Thursday, February 21, 2013

About Communication

In the podcast project I hope to:
     - discover how to apply the vocabulary and grammar learned in class to real-life situations
     - become more comfortable speaking and understanding the language
     - learn to express my thoughts in Japanese
     - get to know my group-mates and practice working and communicating effectively in a team
     - recognize and correct mistakes in writing through multiple drafts of the script
     - consider similarities and differences between American and Japanese culture in order to make a podcast that will interest all viewers
     - explore the ways that multimedia can be used to convey a message

Communication involves expressing one's own ideas and listening to others' in order to achieve mutual understanding and growth. It's not only about discovering what is shared between two people, but also about recognizing, overcoming, and learning from differences.
    

4 comments:

  1. Those are really great things to hope to achieve through this podcast project! I wonder what all of us are going to come up with in order to incorporate the similarities and differences between American and Japanese cultures to make the videos interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your definition of communication and I think these are great goals for the podcast project :) I'm very interested in seeing how all of us will apply japanese to the many real life situations we chose.

    Wish you the best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you achieve all your goals during this podcast project, as they are similar to my own! Since we're in the same group, hopefully we can do it! I agree that listening to others is very important in communication. Learning from differences will be key in our group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your goals are wonderful, but I think it's important to keep in mind that you want to convey your own message and sometimes caring to much about the audience can change your message, so keep your message in mind as you make this podcast! Best of luck, and great definition of communication.

    ReplyDelete